Arusha is the safari capital of the world for being a gateway to the world’s famous and amazing destinations. In recognizing that the Conference on World Mission and Evangelism will take place at Arusha we felt there is a need to present to the delegates a lifetime opportunity to witness the greatness of God’s creation. We further acknowledge that the global issue of environmental conservation, nature protection and climate change is among WCC ecumenical mission agenda. This tour offers an eye witness on one the world heritage site under UNESCO also an opportunity to praise the creator or say a prayer.
A safari to visit the famous Ngorongoro Crater; known as the largest unbroken ancient volcanic caldera in the world. In 1979 this nearly three million year old area was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The former volcano crater is also considered to be “Africa’s Garden of Eden”, as it is a haven for thousands of wild game, including lions, elephants, wildebeests, zebras, Thomson’s gazelles, buffaloes and even the endangered species of black rhino. The crater is among the 8 Natural Wonders of the World.
Dates: Group 1: Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th March, 2017
Group 2: Wednesday 14th & Thursday 15th March, 2017
Package Description: 1night, 2days Tour
Day 1 (Saturday) – Arusha City to Ngorongoro Crater
After an early breakfast at your hotel, you will be picked up by a safari guide driver. Passing the gate of Ngorongoro Conservation Area you shall descend 600m into this magnificent crater for a morning, half-day game drive. The Crater is one of the most densely crowded African wildlife areas in the world and is home to an estimated 30,000 animals including some of Tanzania’s last remaining black rhino.
Crater Fellowship & Prayer –Following your morning game drive you will have time to gather for a hot lunch service and an opportunity to conduct a historical fellowship with prayers at a private beautiful picnic sites down this amazing caldera.
At the end of your tour, you will climb up of the crater and head to the lodge in Karatu, where you will eat dinner and stay for the night.
Day 2 (Sunday) – Sunday Church Service in Africa (Karatu, Tanzania)
Following your morning breakfast you have an opportunity to worship with fellow Tanzania Christians on a Sunday church service (Lutheran Parish or Roman Catholic Church) before eat your lunch and drive back to Arusha city which may take 2.5hrs from Karatu.
After long day of emotions on safari in Ngorongoro you will relax in a more exclusive accommodation and spend your night at Ngorongoro Farm House / Farm House Valley lodges located just outside the conservation area with less than 5km from the Ngorongoro gate.
The lodges are on 500 acre plantation with a main central building, restaurant and leisure area. Your night will be African themed with a fire lit, African foods buffet dinner spiced with African dances performance from local cultural groups in the area.
It is the ideal place to relax, conduct fellowship/ sharing hymns while get to know one another around the fire; have a swim in a pool, jogging and depending on the arrival time or by waking-up early in the morning one can have a nature walk in the beautiful hills of Ngorongoro or farm walk.
Foreign Delegates price per person sharing room: US $ 960
Foreign Delegates price per person not sharing room: US $ 1,280
East African Delegates price per person sharing room: US $ 450
East African Delegates price per person not sharing (with private transport): US $ 350
East African Delegates price per person not sharing room (transport inclusive): US $ 800
GETI participant’s foreigners per person sharing room: US $ 520
Included in the price:
- Full board (breakfast, lunch & dinner) accommodation while on tour
- Transfers to and from your hotel in Arusha
- All game driving in a custom built 4×4 Safari Land Cruiser/ Jeep with a viewing roof
- All park entrance fees (Crater fee, Ngorongoro Park fee, Vehicle)
- Professional English/ Spanish/ Germany/ French speaking driver-guide during the safari (salaries & wages)
- Bottled safe drinking water in safari vehicles
- Ngorongoro Crater car supplement fee (if any)
- Current Government taxes and levies
- 24-Hour support during the safari from our office in Arusha
- Cultural African Night at the lodge
Excluded from the price:
- Internal flights
- Balloon and/or additional excursions while you are in Tanzania
- Out-of-full board service at the hotel including body massage, hotel excursions, bar & laundry services
- All-Terrain-Vehicle (Quad-bike) adventure from the hotel
- Travel and health insurance
- TIPS to your guide, hotel staff, and other service providers
- Meals, drinks, and excursions not described in the itinerary
- Items of a personal nature, toiletries, telephone and postage
This itinerary is organized under LUICO – Lutheran Investment Company; official WCC Conference host in Association with Excellent Guides Tanzania (our safari & travel partners)